Friday, August 21, 2015

Dig, we must.

Once again I started early this morning.

Early at a 'hothouse' where only the women putting out stale bagels were there ahead of me.

There's a lot of work that needs to get done over the next week.

A lot of work and not a lot of time.

A bit too much pressure for me to be loose enough to be productive.

But that's not my call.

You deal with the situation. You try to make the best of it.

When I was a kid, Con Edison, the electric company was, like now, always digging up this street or that. Seemingly causing the maximum amount of congestion on the maximum number of streets.

I guess due to the then-nascent women's movement, Con Edison changed its disruption signs from "Men at Work" to the pre-emptive, no argument "Dig, We Must."

That's how you get through days like today.

Weekends like this coming one.

Keep your fingers close to the keyboard.

Talk low. Talk slow. And don't say too much.

And dig we must.

No comments: