Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Maybe.

I've been thinking strange thoughts of late.

Maybe they're precipitated by three months of battle with my health, when I've never been sick before in my life.

Maybe they're from some weird chemical side-effect from some of the meds I'm on.

Maybe the acidophilus in the yogurt I now eat for breakfast as I try to lose weight has invaded my cerebellum. Bacteria scourged grey matter.

Or maybe I'm realizing something bigger, something deeper.

That I have been selling myself short.

I've been working hard to prove my worth.

When I should be working less to prove it.

Let them see what life would be like without me.

Let them try to do what I do. Without me.

I'm in the office again today.

Feeling better.

The drugs they've given me seem to have vanquished the pericarditis for now.

I slept last night for the first time in a week.

Maybe I seeing.

Clearly.

3 comments:

Rich Siegel said...

George,

It's only advertising.
Please take care of more important things.
Like anything.
But mostly your health.
Wishing you the best.

Rich

Cecil B. DeMille said...

OY FUCK.

Too soon?

Best regards and well-wishes. Fighting the business for the business' soul is a difficult and perplexing task for the healthy. We need you back out there, soldier.

Anonymous said...

By George I think he's got it!
Nothing is worth jeopardizing your health (physical and mental) for. No job. No career,.In the end, no one cares
They'll hire a 25 year old at 50% of your salary to replace you. Sad but true. WHy kill yourself when your name is not on the door.

BTW, I'm not bitter. In fact, quite happy once i realized it.


We're not saving lives here. Or maybe we are.
Saul