Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Words.


I’ve not gone off the deep-end.

I haven’t been abducted into a Mitzvah Tank.

The Watchtower people haven’t gotten to me.

Nor have Radical right Republicans or televangelists.

What’s happened is a strong dose of life.
Agency life.
Modern, vicious, nasty, lying, deceiving, idea-stealing, credit-grabbing agency life.

Agency life in all its harsh unfairness.

It didn’t happen to me, but to a friend--a friend at another agency.

He told me about it.

And through it, I found a bit of religion.

Common sense.

Fatherly advice.

The wisdom of the Ages.

It doesn’t make the wrong go away.

It doesn’t punish the needle-dicks.

It just is.

As much as it sucks.

“I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.”  --Ecclesiastes 9:11


No comments: