Monday, October 22, 2012

A message to someone I don't like and never will.


Over the years, I've worked with hundreds of people: clients, account people, executives, creatives, planners, administrative staff, etc.

With most of those people, I've been able to establish a good working relationship. They find things in me that they like and respect, and I do the same with them.

I suppose that's how I am "Linked In" to well over 1,000 people.

That said, along the way I've worked with more than a handful of pissant pricks. Usually my way of dealing with them is to ignore them, to find a way to minimize their presence, to in general, "send them to Coventry."*

Usually these people "done me wrong." They ignored my direction. They spoke bad about me behind my back. Or they figured out some other way to schtup me.

I have in the palm of my virtual hand a short list of everyone who's ever wronged me in this business.

If you have the foggiest notion that you are on this short list, you probably are. So don't ask me for freelance work, to "get you in" someplace, or anything else.

An elephant never forgets.

Neither does George.




*To send someone to Coventry is a British idiom meaning to ostracize someone, usually by not talking to them. 

3 comments:

David Airey said...

According to the latest census, 318,600 people have been sent to Coventry.

Not all your doing, I hope.

george tannenbaum said...

No, David. I'm actually a very nice guy. No more than 250,000.

David Airey said...

Good to know. I'll keep my subscription intact.