Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lunch in Minneapolis.


I've talked a lot about the overuse, or perversion, of the word experience in "marketing speak." For instance, some call a data-field on a web site "the log in experience."

I think in life experiences--and by that I mean something fun, worthwhile or memorable--are few and far between.

In any event, I had lunch in Minneapolis yesterday with a bunch of colleagues. Someone decided we'd go to a place called "The Great American Burger." Their logo promised "A Burger Experience."

I can't even conceive of what a burger experience might be. Though Philip Roth's Portnoy had an experience with a liver once, if I remember correctly.

In any event, I had a chicken Caesar salad.

It was quite an experience.

2 comments:

dave trott said...

McDonalds wanted to open an outlet in Hampstead (an area full of literary and theatrical types).
The residents were outraged and organised a protest called "Burger Off".

Red Red said...

Next time in Minneapolis, let me know. I'm sure we can do better.