Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rocks fall when dropped says study on gravity.

There's a report just in from the 4A's Conference that concludes agency employees feel no loyalty for the agency who pays them. You can read the thing here: http://adage.com/article/special-report-4as-conference/andrew-benett-offers-bleak-talent-management-stats/149297/

As Captain Renault said in "Casablanca," "I'm shocked! Shocked!" Or as Andrew Benett global CEO of Havas' Arnold Worldwide said at the 4As, "Wow. I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad."

Here's another of what account people like to call "clarifying comments." "We're not taking our own advice. We don't have time to market ourselves, to care about our talent," said Mr. Benett. "We say 'Talent is our number one asset,' but you look more into it and you look at how managers are, revenue is more important."

Oh, and Mr. Benett, I think you skipped over a few items that have been nettling me and the gaggle of people who call me bi-weekly looking for work. There's virtually no job security and salaries, at least in my experience, are lower than they were a decade ago because we are now owned by an oligopoly of holding companies run by extortionate money grubbers.

No comments: