Monday, June 14, 2010

I can relate.

As I have mentioned in this space many times before, there are times when I can think of nothing to write about. When that happens, I turn to the great movie maker, Jean Renoir and try to find something he said and use that as inspiration.

This morning I stumbled upon this quotation: “Goodbye Mr. Zanuck: it certainly has been a pleasure working at 16th Century Fox.” (Darryl F. Zanuck was the major American film producer of the middle 20th Century.)

I don't know what Renoir's beef with Zanuck was but I'd like to imagine that it wasn't that dissimilar to the gripes lesser creatives (like advertising people) have with their money men (account people.)

The one thing I know about Zanuck is that his biography was subtitled "Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking."

That probably gave Renoir cause.

No comments: