Thursday, March 11, 2010

My friend and partner, Tore.



My friend Tore http://toreclaesson.blogspot.com/ is, in addition to being a great friend, is a great art-director and photographer. I saw the shot above on his blog this morning and we had this exchange.

Me: I love that photo.
Him: The secret behind photography is luck, and having time to make luck work for you.

It occurred to me that luck and time have been wrung out of our business. We no longer have time to wait for the luck of an inspiration, or the luck it sometimes takes to turn something kooky into something smart and kooky.

Luck and the time to make luck work for you.

I guess that's too much to ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the movie Mr. Blandings builds his Dream House? That fucker had six months to think up of a slogan for Wham and he couldn't do it. His maid had to do it for him. I feel like that Army commercial: I write more ads by six am than you'll ever see in your lifetime.

george tannenbaum said...

Yeah, but what a slogan. It even rhymed.

"If you ain't eating Wham, you ain't eating ham!"