Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ad Aged for sale.


Microsoft bought an agency recently. Google and Yahoo! are rumored to be buying whole networks, so I guess it should come as no surprise that I recently ran a classified ad in the Agency Pennysaver hawking Ad Aged. With Digitas having been sold for $1.3 billion, I figured I'm worth triple that. After all, I have ideas, integrity and I speak English, not a bullshit jargon bizspeak buzzword platitude patois argot crapola.

Now, a sentence or four on being bought.

It doesn't make a thimble's-full of difference who you're owned by if you don't have ideas. Holding companies don't influence consumer behavior, ideas do. Yes, holding companies can be sources of financing, can help with contacts and backroom deals. But without ideas, it's all a crock.

No comments: